Country Franchise of Global Fast Food Chain Sets Up Their Own Successful Contact Center with the Help of Pilipinas Teleserv
The country franchise holder of a popular global fast food chain had been outsourcing the management of their delivery hotline to Pilipinas Teleserv since 2002. However, in 2008, the client was prompted by the fast food chain’s regional office to set up its own in-house call center in spite of the client’s overall satisfaction with Pilipinas Teleserv’s services. The change in strategy placed the client at great risk as they treaded waters outside their core competency. Only two months after going on their own, substandard performance persuaded the client to turn to Pilipinas Teleserv to help them set up their own successful contact center.
When their solo operations went live in August 2008, the client’s in-house contact center fell short of their expectations:
- Technical problems plagued the contact center, affecting both their internal operations and customer fulfillment
- Customer satisfaction plunged, as evidenced by the sheer amount of complaints that the contact center had to process
- Between the numerous operational pains and the growing dissatisfaction among their customers, sales dropped by as much as 50%
The numerous difficulties that the client’s contact center faced prompted their management to reach out and seek the help of Pilipinas Teleserv. Keeping the strictures of the client’s reverse integration strategy in mind, Pilipinas Teleserv devised a plan that allowed the client to quickly overcome their technical and operational problems while still handling transactions in-house.
By the end of 2008, Pilipinas Teleserv transformed the fast food chain’s delivery hotline in the Philippines from a challenge to a success by overseeing operations management:
- Recruitment policies were reviewed and agents were re-profiled to meet Pilipinas Teleserv’s criteria for staffing
- Training sessions, which covered processes from call handling to product knowledge, were rigorously conducted and closely monitored
- IT and telephony systems were configured to ensure that the call flow, reports, and other related systems were maximized for operations
- Operational processes were audited and subsequently improved to echo Pilipinas Teleserv’s standards, improving the client’s contact center’s performance against key Service Level Metrics
The Teleserv Way
The efficacy of Pilipinas Teleserv’s management of the client’s contact center is evidenced by the significant improvement in the operational statistics and sales figures of the client’s delivery service. Before Pilipinas Teleserv withdrew its operations in August 2008, the company was handling an average of 150,000 monthly transactions for the client. When Pilipinas Teleserv resumed operations in October 2008, transactions had dwindled down to an average of 120,000. A full year after resuming operations, the figure finally inched its way back up to an average of 160,000 and has been steadily climbing ever since.
With the help of Pilipinas Teleserv, the client’s contact center has become one of the most successful food delivery services in the Philippines. Pilipinas Teleserv provided the client with the focused approach to marketing and operations that they needed to succeed. The systems and procedures that Pilipinas Teleserv managed for the company has helped their brand grow and retain its position as a leader in the food delivery industry.